In Caring for an Elderly Family Member, You Are Not Alone
Taking care of an ill or aging family member can be lonely and stressful. But you don’t have to do it alone. Our geriatric care management program, is part of the continuum of care provided by MorseLife. This program enables the elderly to remain living independently, and experience fewer hospitalizations or premature institutionalized care by providing access to quality long-term care and assistance with the activities of daily living.
When Is Care Management Needed?
- When the problem that you or your loved ones face becomes unmanageable
- When managing medication or maintaining services are too difficult
- When care is becoming too difficult for the primary caregiver
- When other demands and responsibilities make it impossible to provide the desired attention to your loved one’s problems
- When an individual is no longer able to maintain his or her home, and needs assistance
- When there are concerns about financial and medical issues
- Comprehensive assessment and individual care plans
- Caregiver, individual and family counseling
- Regular in-home visits and reassurance calls
- Referrals for medical, legal and financial services
- Assistance with personal bookkeeping and applying for financial assistance
- Coordination and monitoring of all service providers
- Assistance with government insurance and benefit applications
- Placement into assisted living and nursing facilities when appropriate
- Coping with day-to-day stress and sadness
- Problem-solving and planning for the future
You qualify if you are:
- An individual who provides care for a person age 60 or older (or younger if they suffer from dementia)
- A grandparent or other relative, age 60 or older, who is the primary caregiver for a child under age 18
- A person 60 or older caring for a child with mental retardation or related developmental disabilities
- Living at home independently, or in an assisted living or nursing facility
The Caregiver Counseling program is sponsored by Kramer Senior Services, the Florida Department of Elder Affairs and the Your Aging Resource Center (the Area Agency on Aging of the Palm Beaches/Treasure Coast) - www.youragingresourcecenter.org.
Please call (561) 209-6174 to schedule a comprehensive assessment and consultation, or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.